|Name in Japanese||ハボリム|
|Debut (Anime)||Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 05|
|Debut (Light Novel)||Volume XVII|
|Appears in||Light Novels, Anime|
|Voice Actor (Japanese)||Itaru Yamamoto|
|Voice Actor (English)||Scott Freeman (FUNimation)|
|True Name||"Burning Agitation"|
|Color of Flame||█ Heliotrope-colored|
- "I'll be happy to be your opponent. Along with my men. And with everything I have."
- — To SouthValley.
Haborym (ハボリム Haborimu ) is a Crimson Lord and one of the members of Bal Masqué. He is extremely feared by many Flame Haze, who call him "the utmost among the utmost dangerous of Denizens". His true name is "Burning Agitation" (煬煽 Yōsen ).
Haborym is a thin, scarecrow-like Lord with two gas mask-shaped heads. His right head is brown and his left is grey. His left head is plain while his right has a black strip on the forehead and dark outlines around the eye holes.
He wears a long black evening cloak, modified with two head holes, that drags on the floor as he walks, covering his entire body.
Usually not seen in Seireiden, he is widely recognized by both Flame Haze and Denizens alike for his superb and effective skills in commanding and as a synergist in the battlefield. He is a quiet and rigor leader.
Haborym wore a plague doctor's beak-masks before the modern era.
Capture and Infiltration ArcEdit
Haborym is in the bar at Seireiden, drinking at a table.
Haborym is in the crowd as Yūji gives a speech before entering the Divine Gate with the Trinity. He and the other Denizens cheer when Decarabia orders them to move out. Haborym serves as the Commander of the Western Outlaw Demolition Army and attacks Andrei fortress, a major Outlaw in Romania. He is using Keiryōgen to amplify the abilities of his cannon Rinne to have them rapidly firing at the fortress. He battles Hildegard and Dan Rogers.
Haborym is contacted by Decarabia through his Unrestricted Spell, Providence. Decarabia orders for all demolition forces to withdraw and defend Seireiden because he thinks there is a good chance that Sophie Sawallisch will attack. Haborym is told to spread the word of the retreat.
Into the Abyss ArcEdit
Flame Haze Retreat ArcEdit
Haborym, along with the other Denizens and Flame Haze in the area, listens to the Snake of the Festival's Declaration of the Grand Order; the creation of Xanadu. Haborym has his army attack Samuel's fort until the Flame Haze receives support from Shana and Wilhelmina Carmel. He tells his attacking Denizens to fall back as he initiates an attack with the large number of cannon Rinne he has waiting a fair distance away. The attack is ineffective against Samuel's Zikmund's Gate Unrestricted Spell. As another speech by the Snake of the Festival makes the majority of the Flame Haze Army panic and lose the will to fight, Haborym wishes Samuel farewell before ordering his Keiryōgen enhanced cannons to fire at him and the other Flame Haze.
With the Flame Haze having retreated to the mountains, Haborym figures out that they are trying to escape with the Tendōkyū. He prepares to force them out of hiding but the effects of the rain dissolves his Keiryōgen. Haborym then notices a tower created by Samuel and figures out from the flame at the top that the rain is actually CenterHill's Tlalocan. As the flame attracts attention, Haborym believes the tower to be a decoy. As the Flame Haze head for the flame, Haborym tries to keep his army in formation but is attacked by Wilhelmina and Shana. Sydonay appears and tells Haborym to reform his troops and leave the Flame Haze to him. Later, as the Denizens swarm Samuel's tower, Haborym thinks about him and how the two were rivals.
Preparations for the Final War ArcEdit
As Kazumi and Yūji arrive on the roof of Misaki Municipal High School, Haborym, along with Sydonay, Pirsoyn, Ribesal, Orobas, Leraje, Bel Peol, Mammon, and Stolas, line up around a carpet to greet her. The carpet leads to Seireiden.
Creation of Xanadu ArcEdit
A black Fūzetsu is cast over Misaki City, and Haborym and the other members of Bal Masqué watch Yūji and Kazumi ascend to Seireiden. Later, Haborym stands on top of the school and watches as the Denizens wanting to go to Xanadu cover the streets, waiting for the ceremony. He then stands in the way of SouthValley and his Dead. SouthValley asks if he killed CenterHill and Haborym responds that that victory was because of his Commander and General. SouthValley tells him that he will kill until he finds CenterHill's killer and Haborym becomes committed as his opponent.
While facing SouthValley, Haborym finds it odd that he can't figure out the Flame Haze's objectives.
Haborym asks SouthValley why he is still marching when the objective of the Flame Haze, the altering of Xanadu, has already been met. The Flame Haze explains that he wants to keep killing Denizens to eradicate the feeling of eating humans, an answer that makes Haborym stagger for a moment. He is surprised and refers to the Four Gods of Earth as pawns, causing SouthValley to begin giving him a message.
Haborym commences firing on SouthValley's army with his cannon Rinne.
Haborym senses Rofocale performing Shōhi Ginsei along with everyone else in the area and listens to the God of Guidance, Shaher's voice, which talks about the Heir to Both Worlds. Later, after Xanadu had been created, Haborym meets Bel Peol, Sydonay and the Snake of the Festival at the Seireiden shrine, Saishuku no Shadan, along with Barma, Orobas, Leraje, Stolas, and Ose. The Snake of the Festival tells the group to live on in the new world and Haborym flies up to Xanadu's entrance along with Stolas, Leraje, Orobas, Ose and Barma before being converted into Power of Existence.
Shakugan no Shana-tanEdit
In the fifteenth episode, Haborym is one of the Bal Masqué members in a montage during a Naze Nani Shana-tan class when Bel Peol explains that their character designs were tweaked for the third season of the anime because they were too "cute".
Haborym refers to Hildegard as the "Dark Lady" (昏き淑女 Kuraki shukujo ), while she refers to him as the "Masked Necromancer" (仮面の妖術師 Kamen no Yōjutsu-shi ).
Haborym seems to have had encounters with Samuel before, as he describes himself as Samuel's polar opposite. As Haborym wishes him farewell, and later thinks of him, he calls Samuel Sirotci, which is one of his aliases. Haborym acknowledges that Samuel is his great rival, showing his respect for him. Haborym later tells SouthValley that he had personally suffered damage during the war of the Flame Haze retreat, alluding that Samuel meant a lot to him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Master Tactician: With the Flame Haze hiding in the mountains, Haborym was able to discern that their plan is to retreat to Tendōkyū because they were moving east before scattering and would have hidden something great enough to warrant their escape. When Keiryōgen is unusable and the Flame Haze begin to retreat to the tower, Haborym sees that it is vital for his army to maintain formation.
Flight: Haborym enters Xanadu by flying upwards to enter its entrance.
Keiryōgen (熒燎原 Burning Fields ): Haborym's Power of Unrestraint which enhances the power of his army and at the same time, acts as a form of encouragement for it. With it, he can boost the firing capabilities of his cannon Rinne. He can also sends real-time orders to his army or transports himself to anyplace within the spell's area. The weakness of this spell is that as it is still flames, it can be put out by an Unrestricted Spell that produces water, such as CenterHill's Tlalocan. The spell was dubbed by Dan Rogers during the battle at Andrei fortress as the "Booster for a whole army" (一軍丸ごとのブースター Ichigun marugoto no būsutā ).
- (When Shana and Wilhelmina arrive to help Samuel): "Some new prey have jumped into the trap."
- (Haborym's farewell to Samuel): "We are polar opposite existences of each other. Or rather, hindrances of each other, aren't we, Sirotci? At this point, we probably won't see each other ever again. Let me give you a bouquet of flame to send you off. Sleep in peace."
- (To himself as the Denizens swarm Samuel's tower): "Sirotci, you truly are my great rival."
- (To himself about the Denizens covering the streets): "Though it's what we expected, now that it's actually happened, it's rather frightening."
- (To SouthValley about the war during the Flame Haze retreat): "I, personally, have suffered damage in that war."
- (To SouthValley): "I'll be happy to be your opponent. Along with my men. And with everything I have."
- (About SouthValley's reason for fighting): "Simply, to kill. The Four Gods of Earth will actually become pawns for something like that?"
- Haborym, otherwise known as Aim, is one of the 72 demons in Ars Goetia: "a Great Duke of Hell, very strong, and rules over twenty-six legions of demons. He sets cities, castles and great places on fire, makes men witty in all ways, and gives true answers concerning private matters." Interestingly, the original Haborym has three different heads instead of two: that of a serpent, a man and a cat (or calf in some sources). He carries "in his hand a lit firebrand with which he sets the requested things on fire", though unlike his Shakugan no Shana counterpart, the ones the original Haborym set on fire most likely don't enjoy any form of enhancement.
- According to Shakugan no Shana no Subete Kan, his Unrestricted Spell Keiryōgen's concept image is the 'Creeping Death'. Haborym's mask is likely connected to it; indicated by the plague mask and toxic gas.
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana no Subete Kan
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 05
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 07
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 08
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 10
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 11
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 12
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 13
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 14
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 15
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 17
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 18
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 19
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 21
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 22
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 23
- ↑ Shakugan no Shana-tan Episode 15
- ↑ List of Demons in the Ars Goetia on Wikipedia
|Leaders||Snake of the Festival • Yūji Sakai|
|The Trinity||Hecate • Sydonay • Bel Peol|
|Waches||Fecor • Purson • Vual|
|Wanderers||Orgon • Bifrons • Ribesal • Orobas • Mammon • Barma • Paimon|
|Jaegers||Vine • Zarovee • Pirsoyn • Leraje • Haborym • Ose|
|Herolds||Decarabia • Stolas|
|Army Commanders||Fecor • Decarabia • Haborym • Ribesal • Purson • Mammon • Orobas|
|Other Operatives||Phaleg • Bathin • Egyn • Gaap • Bufal • Fumina Konoe|
|Allies||Dantalion • Domino • Sabrac • Rofocale • Lamies|
|Conflicts||Ancient War • Great War • Révolution War • Second Great War|
|Related Articles||Divine Gate • Grand Order • Seireiden • The Silver • Statue of Pride • Xanadu|
| This is the 15th Featured Article.
Haborym has been featured, meaning it was chosen as an article of interest.