|Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 20|
The World Egg
|Name in Japanese||世界の卯|
|Rōmaji Translation||Sekai no Tamago|
|Release Date||February 24, 2012|
|Episode Director||Yorifusa Yamaguchi|
|Previous||Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 19|
|Next||Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 21|
|Opening||Serment by Mami Kawada|
|Ending||One by ALTIMA|
The World Egg (世界の卯 Sekai no Tamago ) is twentieth episode of the anime series Shakugan no Shana Final.
When Pheles rejects Wilhelmina Carmel, she becomes confused because of her mission as a Flame Haze is gone. But when Margery Daw tells her to act rather than to hesitate, she finds her resolve to help Shana, with Margery.
Elsewhere, Rofocale is travelling next to a lake near the Tian Shan mountains, when an illusion cast by Mikalojus Cui captures him. Ernest Flieder appears before Rofocale, he and Brigid require a favour from him, he who is one of the servants of the Crimson God, Shaher, the god of guidance.
Back in Misaki City, Shana continues to fight with Yūji Sakai, who realizes that Shana will soon know all the attack patterns of The Silver that he can use against her, and that he must come up with new tactics of his own. Wilhelmina, and Margery arrive just in time to rescue Shana from Sydonay's Shintetsu Nyoi that was thrown at her from behind Yūji. The Thousand Changes intentionally threw the spear so it would hit Yūji if he did not dodge, testing the boys character.
Having finished observing the battlefield, the Thousand Changes has concluded that the flame haze trio before them are the real threat. Below them, Bel Peol has other concerns to attend to, Margery, and Khamsin Nbh'w seem to have planted something in the Star of Darkness Castle when they infiltrated the structure earlier.
Elsewhere, Ernest and Brigid are still trying to convince Rofocale to perform a divine summoning, they want the god of guidance to spread Shana's plan across the world, however Rofocale informs them that it is impossible. Something that will happen regardless of what is done does not need guidance according to him.
Back in Misaki City, Sydonay transforms into a three-headed hydra, and attacks the Flame Haze trio. Finding a chance in when Sydonay transforms back into his human form, he is grabbed by Wilhelmina's ribbons which Margery uses to separate the Thousand Changes from Yūji. Yūji apologizes to Margery for what he had done to her back when he captured Shana, and Margery responds that he shouldn't feel sorry since they are in middle of a war. Yūji finds himself cornered in the ensuing battle, but Sydonay intervenes and rescues him. Wilhelmina captures the Thousand Changes while Margery uses a spell to intercept Yūji's escape. With the Thousand Changes separated from Yūji, Shana begins her attack.
In the ensuing battle, Yūji's finally finds out the limits of his Treasure Tool, Azure. But when Azure fails to protect him from the flames, he casts a Unrestricted Spell that is completely his own, although unknowingly. Shana realizes she must use Chorde on the World Egg before Yūji masters casting his unrestricted spell, and starts to act.
Using a fist of flame to accelerate the rings towards the World Egg to ensure nobody can interfere, Shana is moments away from success when Yūji tries to block it with his new spell. But since he has not mastered the spell it easily gives in to Shana's powerful flames, and they push him out of the way. Chorde reaches the world egg, and successfully fires a modified version of Psalm of the Grand Order into it.
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
* denotes if the character debuts in this episode
- Yūji Sakai
- Margery Daw
- Wilhelmina Carmel
- Bel Peol
- Ernest Flieder
- Mikalojus Cui (mentioned)
- Shaher (mentioned)
- Khamsin Nbh'w
Powers and Abilities UsedEdit
- This episode features the first time Yuji casts a spell that is completely his own, influenced neither by the Snake of the Festival or anybody else.
- Mikalojus Cui doesn't actually appear in the episode, the episode only shows the illusion that he has cast to trap Rofocale.
- Mai Otsuka was the character designer for the entire anime series. She also illustrated the eyecatch for the first, fourth, tenth, and twenty-fourth episodes of Shakugan no Shana Final.
- KOTSU also illustrated the Niconico end card for the second episode.
- Margery tells Wilhelmina about a Japanese proverb, "Giving birth to a baby is easier than worrying about it." (案ずるより産むが易し。 Anzuru yori umu ga yasashi. ). The meaning behind this could either be "Fear is greater than the danger." or "An attempt is sometimes easier than expected.".
- SouthValley is still wearing his hat, despite throwing it away in Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 18.