Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
Administrator abilities Edit
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Bureaucrat abilities Edit
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, they are not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community team if you need that done.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
Staff and Janitors Edit
Some Wikia staff members have full access to all Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Wikia janitors have limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia. Please see Help:Contacting Wikia for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
Who are this wiki's administrators? Edit
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
You may also wish to list them on this page.
- User:Mangekyo (Founder) Status:Inactive
- User:9th Judge Gabranth aka Malevolence Tanaka. Status:Inactive
- User:Herald of meridian Status:Active
- User:Malevolence Crystalised Status:Inactive
- User:Aassdddai Status:Active
How do I use administrator powers? Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administratorEdit
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "Alastor's Choice". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or Forum, or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator or adopt the wiki, please contact the community staff. If there are other active editors but no active bureaucrats/admins, you should first discuss with them on who should become an admin, whether it be one of you, or all of you.
Being an admin has its perks, though joining the Admin team isn't child's play either.
The following are the rules you must comply to if you want to become a part of the Admin:
- Join the Admin Event called Alastor's Choice.
- One must contribute to this Wiki. We need your dedication in the job by making sure you're doing your part as a contributor in the Shakugan no Shana Wiki. This also means that you'll avoid haphazard contributions like articles which are too short for an important term/person or inappropriate submissions.'
- Must contribute at least every month. Every contribution counts, so make sure you have passed a contribution at least once per month.
- You must have a clean record. We ensure that those who are given the task are fit for the role, so it's best that you have no previous cases of vandalism or any violation in the laws given by Wikia.
- Show your activity! You must have logged-in at least a few times on this Wiki and have a Talk Page and User Page so that we can know more about you. As a community, it's good that we have proper means of communicating.
- Welcome new users. We are currently low on manpower, so it's everyone's task to welcome new people who are willing to lend a hand to our Wiki.
What can administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.