Hi, welcome to Shakugan no Shana Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Shakugan no Shana Wiki page.
i made another mistake in the page of dorel please edit it :(
Norniz 10:30, January 14, 2012 (UTC)
thanks. i didn't predicted you're participation since you have very little interaction but thanks a lot now i have an idea about the title.
Norniz 17:18, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
hey man i made this quote template thing but I think it sucks.
Aassdddai 07:00, March 5, 2012 (UTC)
No, but I want it to be like the one for DBZ wiki.
Aassdddai 00:40, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
Aassdddai 08:26, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
I found a problem. You can't use it in visual mode, only source mode. Aassdddai 08:52, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
I also don't know that many quotes from the show. Aassdddai 09:21, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
OK. Aassdddai 04:40, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
I put a new poll on the main page and I wanted to know if you thought it was okay. Also, the right column is now way longer than the middle column. Aassdddai 08:08, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
I put it in the middle column. Aassdddai 08:13, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
I also put a Helping out section for readers that want to be editors. And I made a Scroll box template so we can put big galleries on character's pages. Aassdddai 08:53, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
That reminded me that the Shakugan no Shana Second episode articles were not there, I've now created them. Also modified Episode 01 article to conform to standards. MiraaNoHebi 13:06, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
Ano...Sir, is it okay if I'll just change some pictures of the charas? I mean, like put some new appearances or something that is more clearer ^ ^? IamAgent4578 05:09, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
There is an anonymous user that keeps maliciously editing pages with explicit content etc: http://shakugan.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/220.127.116.11
MiraaNoHebi 01:55, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
There are two pages that were recently created that are about Shakugan no Shana Final Episode 24.
- In the Last episode , Shana and Yuji kissed each other and after that they headed to the new world Xanadu.
- Shakugan no Shana Season 3 Episode 24
Aassdddai 08:55, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
You should consider blocking this guy. He was the one who claimed that Mathilde was Shana's mother and now he is going around a lot of anime wikis and writing on character pages that the english voice actor is 'Ameenah Zook'.
http://shakugan.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168 Aassdddai talk 09:37, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
I found the heights of some of the characters on the Japanese Wikipedia and I tried to reference the site on the character article page butI don't really know how to reference well, like the Harvard University style. Aassdddai talk 10:36, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
Ok. Also, a lot of different sites have different information about the characters. For example, JaWikipedia said Shana was 141cm tall and MyAnimeList.net said she was 146cm. Which one is more trustworthy and how can I tell if a site has trustworthy information? Aassdddai talk 09:07, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Can you enable chat because chat is cool and it will encourage more people to edit or something like that. Aassdddai talk 11:04, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
I think you should slightly change the wiki navigation bar by replacing Misaki City Tour. It just directs you to the Misaki city page and is kind of misleading. I think it should be changed to 'Music' or 'Community' where it can have subheadings. Of course you don't have to as it is only my opinion. Aassdddai talk 09:43, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
Or "Universe". Aassdddai talk 10:46, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
Should I add a slider to the main page? Aassdddai talk 10:32, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
Hey man, do you wanna apply for a wikia spotlight? We kind of need more editors and I have already applied for a animanga spotlight a while back. (We are slated for June). Aassdddai talk 10:43, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
But we don't meet half of the requirements here. Aassdddai talk 10:45, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
In truth, we only don't meet two I think, the custom skin and the stubs. We haven't identified any stubs. Aassdddai talk 11:06, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
Well, I have categorized the 11 pages that needed categorizing. Don't really know what I can do for the rest though. Aassdddai talk 04:58, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
How can you tell what pages are short pages? Is there a set amount of bytes that a page has to exceed to no longer be a short page? And for the community corner thing, I am looking on other wikis and they just have tips for new editors, links to policies and blogs. Aassdddai talk 09:10, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
Well, about the short pages. I looked at the community central wiki spotlight talk page and somewhere on it the staff guy said that a stub and a short page should be under 300 bytes. If this was true we would only have 14 short pages. I got it from here. Aassdddai talk 08:36, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
Back to ReferencesEdit
I recently started a movie summary but I think it will be too long. I stopped at about 10-15 minutes into the movie and the summary is already pretty huge. Should I keep going at this pace or should I try to trim it down? Aassdddai talk 08:30, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
Shana is orientalEdit
Well, I own and have read Shakugan no Shana Manga Volume 05 (Viz Edition), and in the zoetrope sidestory, it actually said she was oriental (just said asian in the text). Aassdddai talk 09:29, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
Well I did but a wikia contibutor altered what I had written and deleted the reference and I hadn't gotten round to putting it back. It isn't a big deal, I can just put it back. Aassdddai talk 02:29, April 30, 2012 (UTC)
A Couple of ThingsEdit
- Please block this guy. http://shakugan.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/22.214.171.124
- Should I make a page for all of the Shana-tan episodes?
- Do you want a background image? If you do, you can make a request in here. I thought we needed one to get spotlit.
Couple more things.Edit
- Is Itadaki no Hecate-tan the third episode of Shana-tan or a completely different parody series?
- Which lyrics layout do you prefer, the table on Hishoku no Sora, or the standard layout on Prophecy? Aassdddai talk 11:51, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
As far as I know, there is no story arc names for Shakugan no Shana. To expand the character profile pages, I think we should make some up (that is what most wikis do isn't it?). I have some suggestions (for the anime anyway, don't know about LN).
- Friagne Arc
- Corpse Retriever Arc
- Aizen Siblings Arc
- Mathilde's Successor Arc
- Misago Festival Arc
- Battle at Seireiden Arc
- Mare Arc
- Konoe Fumina Arc
- Seishuu Festival Arc
- Sabrac Arc
- Christmas Eve Arc
I have no idea about Season 3.
Well, we could replace 'Battle at Seireiden' with 'The Synchronization Campaign', which I found on the Hecate page. I also forgot about the arc where Margery is in New York, that could be called 'New York' (maybe). It is better than 'Margery in New York'.
Season 3 Story ArcsEdit
I'm up to episode 21 of Final, and though I am watching it raw (I know the gist of what is happening but only about 50% of what is being said) I have come up with these story arcs.
- Arrival of the Snake of the Festival Episodes 1 to 4, up until Yuji takes Shana
- Capture and Infiltration Title refers to Seireiden, Shana is taken than Khamsin and Rebecca infiltrate it. Episodes 5-10. up until Shana breaks out.
- Into the Abyss/Rift Title refers to Shana and co. going into Abyss/Rift to stop summoning of SoF. Don't know if Abyss or Rift is better for the title. Until ep 13
- Retreat Title refers to Flame Haze Army retreating from war. Episodes 14 to 15
- Preparations Title refers to everyone planning, Yuji takes Kazumi. Episodes 16-17
- Xanadu Title refers to the creation of Xanadu. Rest of the episodes. Can't come up with anything else for this arc except something corny like "Final Battle".
This way, all of the seasons will have 6 arcs each. I'm also not sure about the title 'Mathilde's successor' because I don't recall her being named in the first season. I could be wrong. But anyway, this is what i came u with for the final season. "Retreat" and "Preparations" could use some work. Aassdddai talk 01:45, May 19, 2012 (UTC)
This wiki uses given name-surname order for Japanese names doesn't it. This is true for all pages except for the Konoe Fumina page. Her first name is Fumina. Should I change the name of the page to Fumina Konoe (also changign the arc name to Fumina Konoe arc)?
Character Article ImprovementEdit
New reflist didn't work. Also, what you saw was probably the first two paragraphs. They are only seperated by a break. It randomly doesn't work when I put a space. Aassdddai talk 05:27, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Candidates for DeletionEdit
Hi. Can you rename these images.
For profanity. http://shakugan.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199 Aassdddai talk 06:19, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
I like Shakugan no ShanaEdit
could you please add the filipino voice actor of shana im from Philippines and Shakugan no Shana aired on Philippines either first time aired on Southeast Asia.but TV5 (Broadcater for SNS and other Anime stopped airing animes since 2010 and replaced with KIDS cartoons)it only hope only add any filipino voce actors at least 2 or 5 of them here thank you.
Story Arcs againEdit
I think we should change Preparations for War Arc. It is currently the second last story arc and should be changed to Preparations for the Final War or something, as it could cause confusion because of the Second Great War happening before it in the series. Or the current title might be fine, IDK. Aassdddai talk 09:05, June 16, 2012 (UTC)
Is it acceptable to have images like this, which I have created, to be in articles?
Yes you have my approval. I will probably need sysop powers as well so that I can do things like gathering affiliate wikis and stuff. I will still ask questions regularly though, and inform you on big things that I will do. Aassdddai talk 02:50, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
Hello ~~ Edit
Hi Herald ^^ Nice to meet you ^^ I'm the fan Of Shakugan No Shana , and I hope we can exchange information , oh anyway I'm 14 years old ^^
Interpreter of condolence 13:49, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
Just letting you know that Shakugan no Shana Wiki has been affected by the Wikia Upgrade. Something I don't like is how the bolded headings on articles are bold on the contents navigation table at the top of the page after the first paragraph. Should I unbold the headings or just leave them? Aassdddai talk 10:35, July 12, 2012 (UTC)
References in Character InfoboxesEdit
There is a problem when you add references to the character infoboxes. Namely, the <ref> or <refname=> at the front gets wiped or damaged when you try and edit the template in visual mode, leaving just a broken code. But no problems in source mode, it's weird. Aassdddai talk 09:05, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
Preparation for SpotlightEdit
I think it would be wise to have the spotlight in December, when FUNimation will release SnS Second, so I have put a poll for the spotlight image on the community messages corner. We most likely fit all of the criteria for the spotlight now. Aassdddai talk 09:14, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
Hello! I am contacting you to let you know about a new FUNimation anime that got a wiki recently. The wiki for Kingdom (link) is new and needs some help, so I was hoping you could let others in your community know about it and help out a fellow FUNimation wiki! I also was hoping that the Kingdom and Shakugan Wikis could be affiliated in order to increase traffic flow between the two, and Aassdddai said to ask you about that. Please let me know if you are interested so we can exchange affiliate buttons, thanks so much!
Re: Re: Confirming AffiliationEdit
Awesome! Do you want me to create a little affiliate section to the side of your main page like on Kingdom in case you want more future affiliates? If not, I can just send you or Aassdddai the button.
I just did the new wikia promote feature, so SnS wiki should appear on the wikia.com homepage in 2-3 business days. Oh yeah, what happened with the affiliation with Kingdom wiki? Gcheung hasn't come back or said anything. Aassdddai talk 12:33, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
Speed up spotlightEdit
The second season is actually being released on 25 September, so I had to speed the spotlight up. I've already put the request in with the winning image from the poll, but have no idea what text they will write for the spotlight. Aassdddai talk 07:45, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
Hi There, I wanted to get in contact with you about videos on this wiki. I see you already have about 50 videos, which is awesome. I wanted to let you know that recently we have entered into new partnerships with video content providers so we can offer wikis legally licensed videos on your wikis. I recently posted a blog post on community central listing many of the details. One of the features described there is the Related Videos Module, which you can learn more about here. I was curious if this wiki would like to enable the module. Please let me know and I can help to get it enabled.
I also wanted to let you know that one content area we are now working on is Anime and Manga. So keep an eye out on the video wiki in the coming months for more content there. Let me know any questions you have. --Sarah (help forum | blog) 19:11, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
GIFs and ImagesEdit
What do you think of this!? First GIF I've ever made. I was thinking of using GIFs on character pages in the Powers and Abilities section (like some other wikis are doing). What do you think?
Also, should I be adding jpg. pictures or png.? And should I be using things like fair-use rationales and categorizing images? I've uploaded thousands of images and I didn't categorize or state any licensing for any of them. --Aassdddai talk 11:39, October 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't have the first season episodes in good quality, but yeah I will make more GIFs. I think there should be a policy where you can only use GIFs for fast moving and hard to describe abilities such as Hien, Inverna, etc..
- Also, a long time ago, I made a Template:Fair use rationale, but it will be hard to license all of the images so I don't know whether you want to use it or not. Its mainly only used for super popular wikis. So far, the main model I have used for improving this wiki is the Bleach Wiki and they seem to be using it for every image. They also categorize images by their license and then by which episode they are in, but don't do so for every image. We could probably ask the Content Team to make a bot fr us or something --Aassdddai talk 09:09, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
- So do you want me to ask for a bot that will add the categories and the fair use rationale or just the category? Aassdddai talk 09:29, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Plus, GIFs work in templates, so that's good. Aassdddai talk 09:52, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, so we will probably categorize by episode. And I also just asked the Content Team for help. They should come in a day or two. Aassdddai talk 11:33, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
I think that every instance when a character uses an unnamed Unrestricted Spell which shoots out a ball of PoE from their hands or something is called Endan. Have you ever heard of this before? I just saw it on the Japanese Wikipedia article.
- Haven't heard about Endan, but it's probably because the users don't say "Endan!" when they use that. By the way, "endan" = 炎弾 = "flame bullet". As for the bug, duly noted. Thanks for the heads-up. heraldofmeridian♣ 12:48, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
Unless I'm the only one seeing it, wiki-header is back. I remember you were using it about a year ago but it was removed or something? Anyway, its back because wikia was doing something with the navigation. --Aassdddai talk 10:58, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I think it can stay if we can somehow make it transparent and visible through the navigation bar without obstructing it, but that sounds pretty hard. I quite like it and want to use it somehow on the wiki so maybe we can alter its size and move it to somewhere else like the wikia header (the one with links to Video Games, Entertainment, Lifestyle) or user box. But its just an idea. Aassdddai talk 17:39, November 28, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Herald! I wanted to reach out to you about an opportunity to embed exclusive premium content videos straight from FUNimation. Shakugan Wiki is one of the earliest wikis to get this opportunity. Although these videos are US and CA only, we're working on getting more videos and more content from FUNimation. You can check out the videos here and embed it yourself or let us know so we can add it for you.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Kate 21:33, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I noticed a bunch of other wikis have started using the new forum system. What do you think about incorporating it into this wiki? --23:52, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
I've created a IRC channel for our wiki to provide the needed facilities for real time communication about the direction of the wiki, Shakugan no Shana Wiki:IRC provides the information about it. If you could please visit the channel when you have the time so I can set your user privileges up, that would be great. 12:43, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
It has come to my attention that the people who visit the wiki using monobook can barely even read text on pages. I've started MediaWiki:Monobook.css, but I'm not good with these things. Seriously, the main page is especially bad. Aassdddai talk 11:06, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
- It looks like everything is lined up on the right column if both the video and featured article image are on 270px. Don't know about the rest. --Aassdddai talk 21:41, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
RE: New BackgroundEdit
Hi, I noticed that you're an administrator on several other anime-related wikis, such as the Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki, and I was wondering if you'd be alright with affiliating some of them with this wiki? --04:36, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
- The Dengeki Bunko group sounds interesting. How exactly would it work? --
02:09, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Personally, I'm not very fond of the "separate wiki" idea. Is there anything that could be done on the Anime/Manga Hub? If not, then I'd just go with the other suggestion. But I don't really have any ideas of my own. -- 23:13, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
I think we should have another spotlight, as FUNimation will release season 3 on March 26. I am leaning towards File:Wikia-Visualization-Add-7.png as the image to be used but I can't come up with the text underneath that (last time it was "Show your love for the manga and anime series"). Should probably have something to do with Yūji being Bal Masqué's new leader. Any ideas? --Aassdddai talk 10:41, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
I've chosen to activate the chat feature for the wiki. It seems to be an easy way for the users of the wiki to communicate and express their ideas on the wiki's expansion. I will watch out for things like offensive behavior. --Aassdddai talk 09:40, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, just wondering if it was you who took off the background skin you made for the wiki, because in Theme Designer the last edit made was by an anon, which should be impossible. It's weird. --Aassdddai talk 06:54, November 11, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah, probably no new releases for the series in the future, but I think there is still much to be done on this wiki. The wiki will likely keep going for a long time so we just need to keep it alive and sustain it. --Aassdddai talk 10:44, January 14, 2014 (UTC)
Going to be awayEdit
Just letting you know that I will be going to Japan for a holiday and won't be back until late July, so I won't be able to look after the wiki in that time. --Aassdddai talk 13:20, June 26, 2014 (UTC)
I am Generalily, the admin of the Twelve Nights Wiki and I was wondering if you can affiliate with us. It has currently no affiliates at the moment. Thank you and I'm hoping for your consideration. :D Generalily (talk) 13:33, March 27, 2015 (UTC)
Hello Herald, long time no see (talk?). I just have a few things to discuss.
- The main page, specifically the twitter widget thing, is acting up. I don't know how to fix it.
- A couple days ago I was looking around for info on Shana's weight (often stated as 36kg, is this Japanese DB Fighting Climax wiki page a good reference?) and, well, I ended up on 2chan. I can't say it wasn't fruitful, however, as I found a few interesting things, such as this rather unofficial-looking character breast comparison image. I also found a few third season settei (character design page), and another problem arose: Hecate's settei says she is 137cm, clearly contradicting another reference on her article page of her being 142cm. What do I do when there is conflicting references?
- We currently have 3 disambiguation pages. I think we should decide between having many of these pages, like A Certain Wiki you are also an admin of, or something more akin the SAO Wiki, namely, on top of pages "this page is about something. You may be looking for something else with a similar name".
- I think we really need to decide between "Power of Unrestraint" and "Unrestricted Spell". I've mainly been using Unrestricted Spell because I thought it was a more accurate translation. We need to agree on a translation also for the related terms 自在師 (Jizaishi, been using Unrestricted Spell Master) and 自在式 (Jizai-shiki, been using Unrestricted Spell Insignia or simply Insignia). Also, a minor one is Abyss, which is probably a fansub translation and should be more like "Rift Between Both Worlds" or simply "Rift" (perhaps Elf song's input is needed for this topic).
- Yeah I'm hoping someone licenses the light novels or at least the manga so we could add more info to the wiki.
- Hmm, well I don't see the part where the main page disappears. The twitter widget is only weird on Firefox it seems; it appears zoomed up so that only the left half of it is shown in the black rail we have it in.
- Seems easy enough on the article but it would look weird in the character infobox to have two values for height so maybe we need to choose one for the infobox and put both in the appearance section?
- Hmm, yeah ok. The only issues with those pages are that they are short and have no images (clogging the Wiki Insights page).
- Yeah, that was what I thought. I will contact Elf song.
- --Aassdddai talk 21:59, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
Continued use of quote template?Edit
I'm wondering whether we should continue to have quote templates on the top of articles for a number of reasons.
- It doesn't look the best aesthetically.
- I was using fansub translations, which aren't very accurate with the Japanese meaning, and some put up by other users are dub quotes (the dub is not very good).
- They are mostly linked to the character's personality or relationship with another character, so perhaps the template could be better placed in those sections instead.
- Already have a quote section near the bottom of articles.
- A whole page of quotes could be dedicated to the quotes of a character when enough of them are added to the article (probably only for main characters - splitting article when sections gets too massive). --Aassdddai talk 12:31, September 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay about quotes. Could you elaborate on "small part of the larger chunk of an article"? You mean like a paragraph about for relationships then "see full article here" or something? --Aassdddai talk 14:34, September 7, 2015 (UTC)
10th Anniversary EventEdit
Hello Herald, who is you favorite character?
I would be glad to send me pictures of your favorite characters strains gift.