In Yashichirō Takahashi's works, even in short stories and scripts for radio dramas, he always adds references to the 1996 tokusatsu TV show, Choukou Senshi Changéríon (超光戦士シャンゼリオン Chōkō Senshi Shanzerion , Super Optical Soldier Changéríon).
- A/B 1, A/B 2, Dream of Abraxas: Race horse names are references to characters in Changéríon.
- A/B SS: One piece of konjac is a reference to the eleventh episode of the series, "Leave the Konjac".
- Shakugan no Shana: A group of children, including one Torch, that Yūji Sakai sees on the way to school, are talking about a hero TV show where the hero had trouble transforming, with a fish involved. This refers to a famous incident in the tenth episode, "I'm Not a Mackerel!".
- Shakugan no Shana II: The prose line "The teacher's class was Brader." (先生の授業がブレイダー Sensei no jugyō ga bureidā ) is a line in the transformation sequence of, most likely, the character Brader.
- Shakugan no Shana III: The prose line "A robot toy that can deform into a bike, cannon, and jet airplane." (バイク・大砲・ジェット機に変形するロボットの玩具 Baiku taihō jettoki ni henkei suru robotto no omocha ) is referencing the Ultra-Light Warrior, a robot with three forms that supports the protagonist.
- Shakugan no Shana IV: The prose line "A gray jacket pianist and a white-suited man on the footbridge." (灰色ジャケットのピアニストと歩道橋上の白スーツの男 Haiiro jaketto no pianisuto to hodōkyō-jō no shiro sūtsu no otoko ) is referring to the story of the seventeenth episode, "A Lot of Rivals".
- Shakugan no Shana V: The prose line "A man who smooth talks a beaten complaint" (いかれた文句でナンパする男 Ikareta monku de nanpa suru otoko ) may be a reference to the character Hayami.
- Shakugan no Shana VI: Eita Tanaka and Matake Ogata's sparkling and shining hero masks are a rendition of the Ultra-Light Warrior.
- Shakugan no Shana VII: When a crowd is attacked by Domino, a couple can be heard calling out to each other with the names "Eri" and "Shō". This is a reference to two characters in the show, Eri Minami and Shōgo Kuroiwa.
- Shakugan no Shana VIII: The prose line "In the open café, two young men peck at their sad boxed lunches." (オープンカフェでしんみり弁当をつつく青年二人 Ōpunkafe de shinmiri bentō o tsutsuku seinen futari ) is a nod to an interaction between the characters Akira and Hayami.
- Shakugan no Shana IX: The prose line "A composite establishment crowned with a large crystal, "Symbol Tower"". (大きな水晶を頂く不細工な複合施設『シンボルタワー』 Ōkina suishō o itadaku busaikuna fukugō shisetsu "shinborutawā" ) is a reference to the Crystal Station.
- Shakugan no Shana X: The prose line "A man who was growing flowers on his face." (顔に草花を生やした男 Kao ni kusabana o hayashita otoko ) is referring to Hayami, who ate the Seeds of the Darkness of Life.
- Shakugan no Shana XI: The "Mushroom Anesthesia" in the quiz tournament that Keisaku Satō participated in is a reference to Akira's new extensive knowledge when he confuted Kuroiwa in the dark trial.
- Shakugan no Shana XII: The very popular music group that opened the Seishū Festival concert was called D-ZIDE. This is referencing Dark-Zide, the enemies of mankind and primary antagonists of Changéríon.
- Shakugan no Shana XIII: 1.) During training, Yūji Sakai is slammed into a green imported car. This is referring to the beloved Citroën 2CV of Akira, the main character.
2.) The iron bridge that Kantarō Sakai used as the goal of the competition was called the Inoue Harada Bridge (井之上原田鉄橋 Inoue Harada Tekkyō ). It was named after the actors of the semi-regular characters Kidnappers A and B, Takashi Inoue and Shuichi Harada. Later in Shakugan no Shana, the Orobas and Leraje vs WestShore fight took place near this bridge.
- Shakugan no Shana XIV: The prose line "A beautifully packaged gilded sword toy." (綺麗に包装された金ぴかの玩具の剣 Kirei ni hōsō sa reta kinpika no omocha no ken ) is a rendition of the hero Changéríon's equipped item, the Shining Blade.
- Shakugan no Shana XV: The prose line "Three old men who look like the bosses of somewhere." (何処かの顔役と見える老人三人組 Dokoka no kaoyaku to mieru rōjin san'ningumi ) is a reference to Dark-Zide's monk leader's human form.
- Shakugan no Shana XVI: The prose line "A monster with a hammer-head and like a lump of iron." (金槌を頭にした鉄塊のような怪物 Kanadzuchi o atama ni shita tekkai no yōna kaibutsu ) is a reference to the Dark-Zide dark creature Dogotchi.
- Shakugan no Shana XVII: The prose line "The black-clothed duo in the canteen" (酒保にいる黒服の二人組 Shuho ni iru kurofuku no futarigumi ) is a reference to Kidnappers A and B.
- Shakugan no Shana XVIII: The prose line "A Denizen that attired themselves in deep blue and black soldier's equipment." (藍色と黒の軍装に身を固めた“徒” Aiiro to kuro no gunsō ni mi o katameta "Tomogara" ) is a reference to the costumes of Akira and Hayami in the last episode.
- Shakugan no Shana XIX: Unknown.
- Shakugan no Shana XX: Unknown.
- Shakugan no Shana XXI: Unknown.
- Shakugan no Shana XXII: The prose line "Operation rule group section 3061810 then section 96185101" (稼動法則群3061810項より96185101項 Kadō hōsoku-gun 3061810-kō yori 96185101-kō ) is a reference to Emperor Shōgo.
- Shakugan no Shana 0:
- Short Story: Shakugan no Shana: The line "Everyone, do you know!?" (「皆さん、知っていますか!?」 Minasan, shitte imasu ka!? ) is a famous line by the character Kuroiwa.
- Short Story: Cinderella no Shana: The line "It is unrefined to compare two flowers." (「花と花を比べるなんて野暮なこと」Hana to hana o kuraberu nante yabona koto) is a reference to a line in the thirteenth episode, "Rose and Sunflower".
- Side Story: Overture: The name of the cake shop La Lucas is referencing the joke of the Bakkasa Kingdom: Darararūkasunīkadorūka (ダララルゥーカスニーカドルーカ).
- Shakugan no Shana S:
- Side Story: Milestone: EastEdge's Outlaw is in between a detective bureau and a legal information center. This is referencing the Ryōmura Detective Bureau and the Kuroiwa Consultation Office.
- Side Story: Ceremony: The "terrible director bulling the actor" that came up in a conversation between Ogata, Tanaka, and Satō is a reference to the director that appeared in the thirty-forth episode, "Is it Friendship?".
- Side Story: Keepsake: The black and white butterfly is a reference to the Phantom Thief small cabbage white butterfly and the twenty-fifth episode, Phantom Thief Spangle.
- Shakugan no Shana SII:
- Side Story: Domicile: The fish market truck is a reference to the fish shop of the false Brader in the thirty-third episode, "I'm Not a Mackerel! 2".
- Side Story: Yearning: The prose line "Playing with passing a spinning top on a string." (独楽を紐に渡す遊び Koma o himo ni watasu asobi ) is a reference to Shōgo Kuroiwa's Japanese Gyro-top.
- Side Story: Zoetrope: The prose line "The rushing peole at the noon market." (昼の市場で突き飛ばした人々 Hiru no ichiba de tsukitobashita hitobito ) is a reference to the women Akira saves in the thirty-fifth episode, "Cursing Woman and Helping Woman".
- Shakugan no Shana SIII:
- Side Story: Sorrow: Unknown.
- Side Story: Nomad: The idol in a sumo costume (in the drama CD as well) is a reference to the seventh episode, "Idol!! Me?" and its insert song, "Singing Female Sumo Wrestler".
- Side Story: Verger: The prose line "The long and narrow bags lined up in the shop." (店に並ぶ紙製の細長い袋 Mise ni narabu kamisei no hosonagai fukuro ) is a reference to the mysterious person with chopstick wrapper-mania that appears in the fifteenth episode, "That Super Illusion".
- Side Story: Future: Unknown.
- Side Story: Hope: Unknown.
- Side Story: Reshuffle: The "handmade cup of the green color of the wind" (手作り風な緑色のカップ) Treasure Tool that Shana finds in Friagne's lair is a reference to the brainwashing mug in the sixth episode, "Sorry Jiro".
- Side Story: Ballroom: The "large red flower potted plant" (大きな赤い花の鉢植え) that a man frozen in the Aizen Siblings' Cradle Garden was loading into his truck is a reference to the "Flower That Summons Happiness" that eats human sorrow.
- Short Story: Kaguya-hime no Shana: Unknown.
- Short Story: Ojō-sama no Shana: The signature phrase of White Mask, "The Light of Justice That Puts Evil to Death" (「悪を誅する正義の光」 Aku o chūsuru seigi no hikari ) mirrors the line "The Light of Justice That Scatters Evil" used by Akira in the thirtieth episode, "A Hero's Teacher!".
- Shakugan no Shana no Subete: The segment in the book, "The Special Edition Last Commentary from Yashichirō Takahashi" (ザ・特集 高橋弥七郎からのこれっきり解説 Za Tokushū Takahashi Yashichirō kara no Korekkiri Kaisetsu ) mirrors the show-within-the show "The Special Edition Message from Space".
- Short Story: Sanjūshi no Shana: Unknown.
- Anime, Game, and others: Misaki City's town and street names (Ichiyama (市山), Aizawa (相澤), Ogawa (小川), Nakamura (中村), Kubo (久保), and others) are named after the actors of the main characters of Changéríon.
Kanae no HoshiEdit
- Kanae no Hoshi: The key number of "91252" is a reference to Shōgo Kuroiwa's theme song, Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125 Second Movement.
- Kanae no Hoshi 2: The Third Research Office is a reference to the character Munakata being a former cabinet Third Research Office chief.
- Kanae no Hoshi 3: Unknown.
- Happiness Mowing: An elderly person ate ten servings of gyūdon, referencing the first victim of a serial elderly sudden death incident in the show.
|Production||Light Novels • Manga (Eternal Song) • Anime (DVD Releases)|
|People||Yashichirō Takahashi (List of Changéríon references) • Noizi Itō • Ayato Sasakura • Shii Kiya • Takashi Watanabe • Kow Otani|
|Related Companies||ASCII Media Works/MediaWorks • Dengeki • J.C.Staff|
|Dubs||Geneon Universal Entertainment • FUNimation|
|Licensees||Madman Entertainment • Universal Sony Home Pictures Australia • MVM Films|